4th class of Sun Devil alumni chosen for ASU Leadership Institute
The Arizona State University Alumni Association is proud to welcome 27 Sun Devil alumni to the ASU Leadership Institute. Class 4 of the leadership development program is composed of up-and-coming and current leaders representing a variety of industries including education, nonprofit, marketing, construction and health care.
This nine-month program immerses participants in the university’s culture with behind-the-scenes tours, presentations from renowned ASU professors and leaders, and experiences to broaden the perspectives on critical issues facing our region. The program continues to grow with participants from out of state willing to travel on a monthly basis to experience the leadership program and connect back to their alma mater. This year, four of the participants will travel from California, Texas and Maine for the monthly Innovation Days.
“During Class 4’s orientation day, we had each participant introduce themselves and explain why they applied for the Leadership Institute,” said Christine K. Wilkinson, ASU Alumni Association president and CEO. “There were three responses that were repeated among the group – to grow as a leader; to reconnect with the university and learn how ASU continues to innovate; and to make a difference in their community. I am looking forward to working with this devoted group of Sun Devil alumni develop their skill set and become champions for ASU.”
The members of ASU Leadership Institute Class 4 are:
- Sandy Almendarez, Informa Markets.
- Ashley Blake, Maricopa Community Colleges District.
- Brain Brooks, My Health My Resources of Tarrant County.
- Mike Broughton, Kitchell Contractors.
- Lacey Brown, Interobang.
- Steven Carbajal, Tempe Police Department.
- Scott Cook, RE/MAX Solutions.
- Elizabeth Evaristo, Access ASU.
- Alice Faggi, Digitopia Agency.
- Aaron Frazier, American Technology Specialists.
- Tiffani Hamstra, STAR Medical Clinic.
- Morgan Harrison, ASU Alumni Association.
- Christina Hudson, Find180 LLC.
- Steven Latino, ASURE.
- Kirk McClure, J.E. Dunn Construction.
- Denise McGuire, The Wealth Stewards.
- Shannon Manning, Cryo-Cell International.
- Bill Nolde, Isagenix.
- Michael Nunn, Sundt Construction Inc.
- Terry O’Brien, Forever Young Management.
- Jonathan Pathuis, Cast & Hue.
- Brittany Prohaska, Lauren’s Institute for Education.
- Lendrick Robinson, 3logy.
- Kelsey Smith, ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub.
- Andi Takenaga, Starbucks Coffee Company.
- Deepa Walia, American Express.
- Kelly Wyllie, Sundt Construction Inc.
Each year, the ASU Leadership Institute, sponsored by ASU Alumni, accepts a new cohort of alumni for a professional and personal leadership development program. This structured program takes an in-depth look at the university and its institutional objectives to demonstrate excellence, access and impact, and the importance of higher education. Learn more about the ASU Leadership Institute.