Softball holds walk-on tryouts
Interested in playing for a national champion? The Sun Devil softball program will have walk-on tryouts in early Sept. Here are the details. Please read carefully as there is much to take care of before you attempt to take the field.
ASU Softball 2011-12 Walk-On Tryout Information
- Necessary paperwork will be available at the Carson Student-Athlete Center (south end of Sun Devil Stadium) beginning first day of classes.
- The initial meeting is Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2011 at 4 p.m. at Farrington Stadium.
- Tryouts will then be held on Thursday, September 15, 2011 (5 p.m.) and, if necessary on September 16, 2011 (5 p.m.).
Tryouts and Initial-Eligibility
If you have questions about eligibility contact Susanna Tamol at 480-965-5722 or email (Susanna@asu.edu). NOTE: If you are a new student for Fall 2011, Susanna cannot return your call or email per NCAA rules until the 1st day of classes on August 18, 2011.
If you are interested in trying out for the ASU Softball team, follow the instructions below.
Signatures are not available until on or after the first day of the Fall 2011 semester - August 18, 2011. Please note that "CSAC" stands for Carson Student-Athlete Center.
1. You can pick up your purple Tryout Route Form from the Compliance Office lobby desk located on the 2nd floor (Room 208) of the CSAC building. This purple form MUST be completely filled out and signed by Susanna Tamol before you can try out. Susanna will verify all information submitted and give you a copy of the signed form. Once you are approved, your name will be added to an official list of eligible participants for try-out.
2. Fill out the top portion on the front and the bottom portion on the back of the form.
3. See a Softball Coach for signature on Line 1. You must obtain this signature FIRST. The Softball coaching staff offices are on the 3rd floor of the CSAC and they also have offices at the Softball Field as well.
4. See the Sport Administrator (on the sixth floor of the CSAC) for signature on Line 2.
5. See the University Registrar (on the first floor of the Student Services Building on campus) for signature on Line 3. The Registrar should also give you an official Enrollment Verification letter.
6. See the Athletic Trainer (on Lower Level 1 of this CSAC) for signatures on Line 4 AND on the back of the form. You MUST show your Medical Insurance Card AND written proof of having a physical by a Medical Doctor licensed in the state of Arizona.
7. Return to the Office of Compliance (CSAC 208) for the FINAL signature. You must obtain this signature LAST. Bring your Tryout Route Form, your Enrollment Verification letter from the University Registrar, and proof that you passed your physical.
8. You are NOT eligible for any team activities without a completed purple Tryout Route Form.
9. Allow at least 3 business days (more than 3 days if you have not yet had a physical) for completion of the entire form.