Seeking submissions for the Riva award
Project Humanities at Arizona State University is looking for submissions for the “Riva" award. The Riva Yares Arts and Humanities Award and Scholarship will annually recognize at least one undergraduate student for bold artistic expression embodying the mission of Project Humanities – Talking, Listening, and Connecting. The award is named after Riva Yares, owner and director of the Riva Yares Galleries in Scottsdale, Arizona, who exemplifies a passionate, creative expression that generates conversation and celebrates the humanities.
The “Riva” will celebrate student talent and accomplishment, and will serve as a motivator for continued artistic and humanist exploration and expression. Recipients will receive an award plaque and $1,000.
• Be a current full-time ASU student pursuing first undergraduate degree
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
How to apply:
• Submit a piece that illustrates proven artistic ability in dance, literature, music, theatre, fine arts, visual arts or multimedia/multimodal arts.
• Submit a one-page explanation of submission piece and how it furthers the mission of Project Humanities.
• Submit a completed application form found online.
• All materials must be submitted or postmarked by January 5, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Arizona State University
PO Box 873003
Tempe, AZ 85287-3003
For more information, visit the Project Humanities website.