Power Road Improvement Plan advances to next stage
ASU Polytechnic campus commuters are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the latest changes to Power Road and Williams Field Road alignment and access, as the Power Road Improvement Plan advances into its next phase.
The following changes are effective as of 5 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 10:
Northbound Power Road
• Traffic transitions onto the new northbound alignment at Verona Avenue.
• There is a single lane northbound to the new intersection of Williams Field Road and Power Road.
• There are two lanes north of Williams Field Road over the new bridge and continuing north to Galveston Street.
Southbound Power Road
• Southbound Power Road traffic remains on the old Power Road alignment south of Galveston.
• Businesses south of Oakland Court only are allowed to turn south on Power Road, as access to northbound Power Road no longer is available.
• Traffic shifts into the left turn lane at Williams Field Road so that construction can begin on the southbound Power Road roadway improvements.
Williams Field Road
• Eastbound and westbound Williams Field Road traffic access northbound Power Road at the new traffic signal located east of the southbound Power Road traffic signal.
• To guide motorists to access northbound Power Road, additional signage (including variable, electronic message boards) is in place.
Questions about this current phase of the project and its associated restrictions, or about any portion of the Power Road Improvement Plan, can be directed to City of Mesa Engineering Public Relations at 480.644.3800 or visit this website.
Shereen Shaw, Shereen.Saurey@asu.edu
ASU Business and Finance