Marquardt honored by FFA
MESA, Ariz. — The State of Arizona FFA Executive Committee recently nominated Professor Raymond Marquardt of Arizona State University’s Morrison School of Management and Agribusiness to receive the Honorary American FFA Degree. The award is given to those who advance agricultural education and FFA through outstanding personal commitment.
The National FFA Organization works to enhance the lives of youth through agricultural education. Without the efforts of highly dedicated individuals, thousands of young people would not be able to achieve success that, in turn, contributes directly to the overall well being of the nation. The Honorary American FFA Degree is an opportunity to recognize those who have gone beyond the valuable daily contributions to make an extraordinary long-term difference in the lives of students, inspiring confidence in a new generation of agriculturists. During his tenure as Dean of the Morrison School of Management and Agribusiness, Marquardt:
- Established the Power and Marley Chairs
- Attracted top quality faculty, including faculty hires with Ph.D.s from the University of California-Berkeley, University of Illinois, Columbia University, University California-Davis
- Saw the school reach research expenditures exceeding $1 million annually
- Assisted students in continuing their education at some of the top veterinary medicine programs in the nation
- Oversaw the Morrison School's rise in academic stature to become one of the leading agribusiness programs in the nation
Members of the National FFA Board of Directors approved the nomination. Marquardt will travel to Indianapolis, Ind., in order to receive the honor during an onstage presentation at the 79th National FFA Convention, held Oct. 25-29. All recipients will receive a certificate and medal and their names will be permanently recorded.
FFA is a national youth organization of 490,017 student members preparing for leadership careers in the science, business and technology of agriculture with 7,210 local chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. FFA strives to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. Visit www.ffa.org for more information.