Local theater lovers to share their reviews as new 'Gammage Goers'
ASU Gammage has selected its 2014-2015 season of Gammage Goers. Seven Broadway theater lovers and savvy social media users are part of the sixth season of the program. Goers will review shows and then spread their reviews through their social media outlets. The group was chosen from a pool of more than 200 applicants who applied based on their interest in Broadway and their social media expertise.
“This program has been a great success for us. Everyone is using social media to share great restaurants, stores and things to do; this is a great way for social media savvy residents to help spread the ASU Gammage message,” says Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, executive director of ASU Gammage. “We want their reviews to be honest and unbiased. We of course hope their experience is positive and they will encourage their friends to see a show as well.”
Gammage Goer reviews will be posted via the ASU Gammage Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, as well as on the Goers' accounts. Goers can also be followed with the hashtag #GammageGoers. Each Goer will review approximately three shows per ASU Gammage season.
The Goers include:
• Margie (@mka19), business owner from Phoenix
• Doug (@Dougmummert), public affairs officer from Phoenix
• David (@appleforddavid), film and theater critic from Awhatukee
• Courtney (@cjrainville), marketing account manager and former “The Biggest Loser" contestant from Tempe
• Kate (@kateesitter), ASU student from Phoenix
• Abbie (@AbbieF), public relations professional from Scottsdale
• Jennifer (@jennmaggiore), marketing CEO from Scottsdale