Improved security for ASU guest network
The “asu guest” wireless network is being upgraded to add new security measures to ensure the safety and security of our campus guests who require WiFi access. This enhancement will be implemented on all of the ASU campuses and ASU locations in the next few weeks.
How is it different?
It’s not very different, and it’s very similar to accessing free WiFi at a Starbucks or the airport. Now guests at ASU will be required to register their email address in order to gain access to the “asu guest” WiFi network.
New look, new security, same 3-step process
The “asu guest” network has a new interface, but still the same three-step process to gain access. Below is a look at the new desktop and mobile screens.
Similarly, there is still a simple three step process:
1. Connect to the wireless network.
2. Once connected you must open your web browser, and go to the login website – it should automatically go to the network login screen.
3. You will be redirected to the appropriate registration screen.
Other need to knows about the enhanced security to the “asu guest” network:
• After registering once with “asu guest” you will be able to login with the email address you provided.
• The “asu guest” network requires re-registration every 12 hours.
• The “asu guest” network is rate limited at 2 megabits per second, per user
Other items coming in the future
In the future you will not be able to register on “asu guest” with a User@asu.edu domain email and will be redirected to the ”asu” network to login.
If you have questions, feedback or require assistance to connect to the new "asu guest" network, sign-in to My ASU and select the "Service Center" tab to ask questions, report an issue and get help.
If you need immediate assistance, call 1-855-278-5080.