Skip to main content

State budget includes ASU salary raises


July 23, 2007
In June, the state budget was finalized, and included in the funding was an increase of about 3.25 percent to state employee salaries.
The Arizona Board of Regents recently approved ASU’s allocation and distribution plan.
Recognition of the contributions and outstanding performance of the university’s faculty and staff is an important commitment ASU has consistently embraced, with specific intent to acknowledge those who have repeatedly demonstrated exceptional performance.
The salary guidelines are:
• Faculty: across the board, 0 percent; performance/merit, 3.25 percent; total increase of the percentage pool, 3.25 percent.
• Administrative/service professionals: across the board, 0 percent; performance/merit, 3.25 percent; total increase of the percentage pool, 3.25 percent.
• Classified staff: across the board, 2.5 percent; performance/merit, 0.75 percent; total increase of the percentage pool, 3.25 percent.
To participate in this program, benefit-eligible employees must meet the following criteria:
• Faculty were employed during the full 2006-2007 academic year.
• Administrative, service professional and classified staff must have been on staff before Jan. 1.
• The most current performance review (within the last six months) must have at least a “meets expectation.”
Any staff member in any type of disciplinary action, or receiving a performance evaluation of “below expectations,” will not be eligible.
The effective date of the increase will be retroactive to July 1 and will appear in the Aug. 31 paycheck.