Looking for families to host Iraqi teachers
Universal Student Housing is providing homestay opportunities for Iraqi English Teacher Trainers from Aug. 8 to Sept. 18. Twenty-five Iraqi ESL Teacher Trainers will be coming to ASU’s American English and Culture Program on ASU's Tempe campus for the purpose of developing a national plan for English-language teaching in Iraq. The project is supported and funded by the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
We are looking for warm and caring host families, whose primary language is English, and who have an extra room. American families will be compensated $795.00 if providing a private room/private bath. If hosting two Iraqi teachers, American families will receive $1500.00
Some of the requirements for host families are:
• Provide a private room (a bathroom may be shared) for each student.
• Live no more than 30 minutes from the Tempe campus via Public Transportation.
• Provide a safe and comfortable environment, and accommodate no more than two Iraqi ESL teachers.
• Provide breakfast (self-served) and dinner 7 days a week. Ideally, the Iraqi teachers should have dinner with you and your family as often as possible. If you are unable to cook some evenings, please let the teacher know in advance and leave food for him/her to prepare.
• Be available for airport pickup on the day of the group’s arrival.
Apply today and develop friendship and understanding between Iraqis and Americans.
Contact the Homestay Company: Universal Student Housing (USH) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Universal Student Housing, toll free, at 1-800-900-4874