Awards luncheon honors long-term dedication
The Sun Devil Service Awards Luncheon on March 8 honors 159 ASU faculty and staff celebrating 25-, 30-, 35-, 40- and 45-year anniversaries and 13 retirees with 25 or more years of continuous service to ASU.
Four faculty members celebrated 45 years of service this fiscal year:
• Mary Anderson-Rowland, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering
• Richard Burg, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
• David William Foster, School of International Letters and Cultures
• Ted Humphrey, Barrett, The Honors College
Four faculty and staff members celebrated 40 years of service:
• Thomas Eckert, Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, School of Art
• Hendrik Kuiper, School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences
• Cheryl Miller, W.P. Carey School of Business, Department of Marketing
• Leanne Nash, School of Human Evolution and Social Change
The Sun Devil Award for Service recognizes the ongoing commitment of employees to ASU in five-year increments of employment and is one component of the university’s Employee Recognition Program. The Office of the President hosts this annual university-wide celebration, which is managed by the Office of Human Resources.
View the complete list of 2012 honorees.