Award luncheon honors long-term employees
The March 10 Sun Devil Service Award Luncheon honored 165 ASU faculty and staff celebrating between 25- and 40-year service anniversaries and 23 faculty and staff members retiring with 25 or more years of continuous ASU service.
Ten employees celebrated 40 years of service, the highest milestone anniverary this year. They are:
• Gary Bitter, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Division of Educational Leadership and Innovation
• Sanford Braver, Department of Psychology
• Lane Briley, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
• Irvin Coin, TRIO Programs
• Linda DeFato, ASU Libraries, Academic Program Services
• Jane Little, School of Social Transformation
• Gregory Nielson, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering
• Laura Orr, College of Public Programs, School of Social Work
• Irwin Sandler, Department of Psychology
• Christine Wilkinson, Senior Vice President and Secretary of the University President, ASU Alumni Association
The Sun Devil Award for Service recognizes the ongoing commitment of employees to ASU in 5-year increments of employment and is one component of the University Employee Recognition Program. The Office of the President hosts this annual university-wide celebration, which is managed by the Office of Human Resources.
View the complete list of 2011 honorees.